English Learning Centre Coordinator (Herat)
Supply and co-ordinate the provision of high quality English Language learning opportunities to individual/ female/male school teachers, programme participants and groups to help them achieve their English language goals.
|Closing date||Sunday 15 September 2019|
This role is accountable for
- The smooth-running of one of our centres (including facilities, opening hours, resources etc.)
- Monitoring and reporting of attendance and progress of the programme.
- The recruitment and retention of users
- Maintaining and developing client/partner relations
- Helping users (master trainers, programme participants and school teachers) to gain maximum benefit from the centre
- Delivering well-planned and appropriate lessons when required
- Promoting independent study as agreed with the Programme Manager
- Playing an active role in the wider English for Schools team
- managing the Learning Centre
- communicating the programme requirements with provincial education directorate and schools
- monitoring and reporting of attendance/ timesheets and progress of the attendees
- conducting placement tests
- assisting with digital learning
- recording number of school participants who come to the Centre for self-study
- verifying and provision of data on inventory & asset verification quarterly
- helping with the establishment & instalment of accessories of the Centres in designated schools.
- supporting users by:
- advising and helping participants select self –study materials
- drawing up “study paths” with individual learners
- running induction and learning sessions & workshops
- providing technical support as required (e.g. with educational software)
- day –to-day management of the centre and its resources including:
- the security of materials and equipment
- the maintenance of an up-to-date inventory
- developing and maintaining a good knowledge of the resources available and contributing to the development and /or selection of new resources to meet users’ needs
- attending meetings as required as being an active and supportive member of the English for Schools team.
- attending and participating in Professional Development training (face-to-face/ online) organised for English for Schools staff
- other administrative duties related to courses and lessons
How to apply
All applications must be made using the British Council application form. Obtain the Application with further details of the posts can be obtained from the same address.
Please note that application is by this form only. We WILL NOT accept CVs.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. Both men and women are welcome to apply for the mentioned posts.
We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria
Please send your filed application to email@example.com