Learning Centre Coordinator
The purpose of this job is to ensure the smooth-running of one of the “Learning Centres” or “Self-access Centres” that the British Council runs in a number of military bases/institutions in Kabul.
|Duration||One year (with possibility of extension)|
|Closing date||Saturday 05 December 2015|
This role is accountable for:
- the management of one of our Learning Centres (including facilities, opening hours, resources etc)
- monitoring & reporting of attendance and progress.
The role is responsible for:
- the recruitment and retention of users
- helping users to gain maximum benefit from the Centre
- maintaining and developing client/partner relations
- contributing to the English for Security & Defence programme as a whole.
The main duties are:
- Supporting users by:
- giving advice & helping them select self-study materials
- drawing up “study paths” with individual learners
- running induction and learning sessions & workshops
- providing technical support as required (e.g. with educational software).
- Day-to-day management of the Centre and its resources including:
- the security of materials & equipment
- the maintenance of an up-to-date inventory.
- Monitoring & reporting on attendance and progress
- Developing and maintaining a good knowledge of the resources available and contributing to the development and/or selection of new resources to meet users’ needs
- Attending meetings as required as being an active and supportive members of the English for Security & Defence team.
How to apply
Application must be made using the British Council standard application form below. We will not accept CVs. Please send the filled out application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The British Council is committed to the policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Both men and women are welcome to apply for the above post.
We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.