Learning Centre Coordinator (Female)
The purpose of this job is to:
- To supply and co-ordinate the provision of high quality English Language learning opportunities to individual/ female cadets and groups to help them achieve their English language goals.
- To ensure the successful and smooth running of the learning centre.
|Reference number||ESD 008|
|Duration||One year (extendable)|
|Working hours||40 hours per week|
|Closing date||Thursday 07 September 2017|
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties
This role is accountable for:
- Delivering well-planned and appropriate lessons to timetable and self – access users
- The smooth-running of one of our learning centres or Self access centres (including facilities, opening hours resources etc.)
- Monitoring and reporting of attendance and progress
The role is responsible for:
- Promoting independent study as agreed with the Programme Manager
- The recruitment and retention of users
- Helping users to gain maximum benefit from the centre
- Maintaining and developing client/partner relations
- Playing an active role in the wider English for Security & Defence team
The main duties are:
- Supporting users by:
- Giving advice and helping them select self –study materials
- Drawing up “study paths” with individual learners
- Running induction and learning sessions & workshops
- Providing technical support as required (e.g. with educational software)
- Day-to-day management of the centre and its resources including:
- The security of materials and equipment
- The maintenance of an up-to-date inventory
- Developing and maintaining a good knowledge of the resources available and contributing to the development and /or selection of new resources to meet users’ needs
- Attending meetings as required as being an active and supportive member of the English for Security and Defence team
- Attending and participating in training and CPD initiatives organised for English for Security & Defence staff
- Other administrative duties related to courses and lessons
Internal: Programme Manager, English for Security & Defence; teachers and learning centre coordinators; British Council colleagues
External: learners and students; authorities and other instructors at the base/institution where the learning centre is based.
Other important features or requirements of the job:
- Flexibility is essential and the post-holder needs the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and with minimal direct supervision
- Travel to the British Council’s offices and other venues will be required in line with business needs
- The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity
- The British Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of its partners to share this commitment.
How to apply
Application must be made using the British Council standard application form below. We will not accept CVs. Please send the filled out application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The British Council is committed to the policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Female candidates are encouraged to apply for the above post.
We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.