Master Trainer / English Teacher
The purpose of this job is to deliver English Language Training and Teacher Training to support the delivery of British Council projects in Afghanistan and to work as a member of the English team contributing to the fulfilment of British Council objectives in Afghanistan
|Duration||1 Year (extendable)|
|Closing date||Monday 17 December 2018|
- Delivering well-planned and appropriate lessons to scheduled classes for programme participants
- Performing the additional tasks that are relevant to successful study such as planning lessons and marking tests and homework.
- Teacher training for programme participants
- English language training for school students as required
- Observation of Classes
This role is responsible for
- Monitoring and reporting on attendance and progress
- Promoting independent study as agreed with the Programme Manager
- Playing an active role in the wider English team
- Contributing to the English for Afghans programme as a whole
- Assisting with testing and monitoring evaluation
The main duties are:
- Planning and preparing lessons
- Monitoring attendance and progress of all students
- Delivering teacher training for programme participants
- Providing feedback on classes & reviewing lesson plans when required
- Observing in-service teachers & filling in observation forms
- Developing and maintaining a good knowledge of the resources available to students and contributing to the development and/or selection of new resources to meet learners’ needs
- Attending meetings as required and being an active and supportive member of the English for Afghans team
- Other administrative duties related to courses and lessons
- Attending and participating in training and CPD initiatives organised for teachers
How to apply
All applications must be made using the British Council application form. Obtain the Application with further details of the posts can be obtained from the same address.
Please note that application is by this form only. We WILL NOT accept CVs.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. Both men and women are welcome to apply for the mentioned posts.
We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria
- Please send your filed application to firstname.lastname@example.org