Teacher of English
The purpose of this job is to deliver English Language Training to support the delivery of British Council projects in Afghanistan and to work as a member of the English team contributing to the fulfilment of British Council objectives in Afghanistan.
|Duration||One year (with possibility of extension)|
|Closing date||Saturday 05 December 2015|
This role is accountable for
- Delivering well-planned and appropriate lessons to timetabled classes
- Performing the additional tasks that are relevant to successful study such as planning lessons and marking tests and homework.
The role is responsible for:
- Monitoring and reporting on attendance and progress as required
- Promoting independent study as agreed with the Programme Manager
- Playing an active role in the wider English team
- Contributing to the English for Security & Defence programme as a whole
The main duties are:
- Planning and preparing lessons
- Contributing to curriculum development
- Monitoring attendance and progress of all students
- Other administrative duties related to courses and lessons
- Attending and participating in training and CPD initiatives organised for teachers
- Developing and maintaining a good knowledge of the resources available to students and contributing to the development and/or selection of new resources to meet learners’ needs
- Attending meetings as required and being an active and supportive members of the English for Security & Defence team
How to apply
Application must be made using the British Council standard application form below. We will not accept CVs. Please send your filled out application form to email@example.com.
The British Council is committed to the policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicantions from all sections of the community. Both men and women are welcome to apply for the above post.
We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.