Please note that there are websites pretending to be British Council IELTS registration sites. They are not associated with us and we are not responsible for the content on those sites.
Before you enter any personal details, please make sure that you are using our secure online registration system and check that “British Council” is spelt correctly.
You can register for IELTS quickly and easily with us.
To register, simply follow the steps below:
1. Read the information for candidates
Download and read the Information for Candidates (PDF, 934 kb) which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for candidates under the age of 16.
2. Decide which version of the test is right for you
There are two versions of the IELTS test:
IELTS General Training
Read our simple guide to help you decide which version of the test is right for you.
3. Check the IELTS test dates
There are a limited number of places for all our IELTS test sessions. To make sure you get a place, we recommend that you register two months before your chosen test date. Of course, places may be available after this date. Find up-to-date information about test dates here.
Please note: Your Listening, Reading and Writing test will be completed on the same day. Your Speaking test may be offered on the same day, or up to a week before or after your main test day. You will receive notification in advance if your Speaking test is on a different day to your main test day.
4. Register for your test
If you wish to register for IELTS test online and you have a Visa or Master Card, please click here. If you don’t have a Visa or Master Card, please visit one of our IELTS registration agents below to complete your registration:
Shahre Naw Registration Agent
Karte Sae Registration Agent
Aria Delta Consulting Group
House #6, 4th Ansari Street on the left from Ansari towards Traffic Square
Next to First Microfinance Bank
Opposite Netherlands Embassy
Kolula Pushta Road, Shahre Naw, Kabul.
Tel: +93 (0)793 108 181
Afghan Aim Consulting Services
House #384, Street #5 (Passport Office Street),
Darulaman Road, Karte Sae
Tel: +93 (0)788 12 18 18
Macroryan Registration Agent
4th Macroryan Main Road, District 9
Tel +93 (0)799 334 667, +93 (0)700 206 653
You should submit the following:
- Registration fee USD 240
- A signed and completed application form (available from the registration agent)
- Your English translated and attested Tazkira or your passport (plus one photocopy)
- If you are not an Afghan citizen, you must also provide a copy of your visa
You may register Sundays to Thursdays from 9.00 am to 4.30 pm.
Due to the high demand for these tests, seats are usually filled before the deadline. Registration for test sessions which have reached full capacity before the deadline may not be open.
Please provide your active and correct email account while filling in the application form in order to receive a registration confirmation from us.
Copies of your results
If you would like your results to be sent to universities or other educational institutions, please complete an ‘Application for the Issue of Additional TRFs’ form at one of our registartion agents above when you register. We can issue a maximum of five copies per student.
5. After you register
After registering you will receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
- We will send you further venue details via email and call you before the test date to give you the start time of your test and the venue address
For more information please contact our Exams Services at email@example.com or call us on +93 (0)790 000 101.
IELTS is designed to be a fair test and your English language ability will be assessed objectively, regardless of any special needs that you may have.
We can help you with any special arrangements you require for your test. For example, we offer support for people with visual impairments, hearing difficulties and dyslexia.
Please contact us three months in advance of your test date to find out how you can apply for special arrangements.
You can apply for a refund:
- If you cancel your registration at least five weeks before the test date, you will receive a refund of the test fee, minus a 25% administration fee.
- If you cancel your registration within five weeks or less of the test date, you will not receive a refund unless you can provide appropriate evidence to support your cancellation. If you want to do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will need to receive your request and supporting evidence at least five days before the test date.
Test day transfers
If you want to transfer to a different test date, you need to notify us at least five weeks prior to the test session you have registered for. To do this, please contact us at email@example.com.