The core purpose of the British Council’s work with school systems is to improve learning outcomes through:
- building a body of research that is publically available on best international practice
- facilitating system improvement on a continuum from access to quality to innovation
- providing services that support practitioners to deliver quality education
Through this work, we will raise aspirations and support young people to live and work in an increasingly globalised world thus contributing to the stability and prosperity of our societies.
- Transforming education systems through building a body of research that is publically available on best international practice
- Providing services that support practitioners to deliver quality education
- Facilitating system improvement from access to quality to engagement by providing and enabling consultancy.
We connect groups of schools and education professionals in countries in South Asia and the UK in order to strengthen cultural exchange, build an international dimension to education and promote professional development among education professionals.
You can find out more about our work with schools below.