Connect with schools and teachers worldwide
We believe that teaching lays the foundation for a brighter future. The education of the country’s future leaders is in our hands.
On our British Council Schools Online website, you can:
- Search our global network of 40,000 schools
- accredit your international work
- network with other teachers and share advice
- find free teaching resources
- enhance your professional development
Schools Online in Afghanistan
Schools Online has a total of 85 registered secondary schools in Afghanistan. Approximately 60 of these were registered as a result of our direct promotional activities and the remaining 25 schools as a result of word of mouth or recommendations from registered schools.
We actively engaged schools in seven of Afghanistan’s 34 provinces: Kabul, Balkh, Kandahar, Herat, Ningahar, Jowzjan and Parwan. These provinces were selected for the following reasons:
- Comparatively high levels of IT/technical infrastructure
- Established networks/prior experience in these areas
- Strategic geographical influence: the possibility of using these provinces in the future as hubs for expansion to other provinces
- They cover each of Afghanistan’s five new 'educational zones'
Schools Online is open to all schools that want to bring the world into their classrooms and encourage students to develop as global citizens.
Getting started is easy
Visit our Schools Online registration page for a simple step-by-step guide to signing up.
Once you’re registered, you’ll get an online account.
You’ll then get access to the latest education news in your region and information about:
- classroom resources
- online project spaces
- useful case studies