Networking – Learning – Making
Are you a woman craft entrepreneur or have plans to start your own craft-based business? If you answered “yes”, then The (Virtual) Workshop can provide you with the management and leadership skills to start and improve your business!
The (Virtual) Workshop is organised by Turquoise Mountain, a non-profit, non-governmental organisation specialising in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. Turquoise Mountain seeks to provide jobs, skills, and a renewed sense of national pride to Afghan men and women.
A primary objective of Turquoise Mountain is for artisan entrepreneurs to have better business skills and be connected to the business community. The (Virtual) Workshop will provide tailored lessons that address the specific needs of artisan businesses.
This programme is made possible by the support of British Council.
The (Virtual) Workshop
The (Virtual) Workshop is a management and leadership training that has been specially developed for the craft sector in Afghanistan. Topics include production, sales, design, and marketing. The training describes standard business practices and provides practical tools to help entrepreneurs overcome challenges and build their business.
The training will include:
- Workshops on production, management, design, pricing, branding, marketing, sales, planning for growth and developing new products.
- Group Activities and Discussions.
- Market Research Activities.
- International Guest Lectures.
- Individual and Group Mentorship Sessions.
Length of Training course: approximately 1 day per week, from March to Nov 2019
Location: The (Virtual) Workshop will take place in the Turquoise Mountain Design Centre, Murad Khani, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Tuition/Fee: Turquoise Mountain and British Council will sponsor tuition cost, including training materials and handouts required for the training.
Application Eligibilities and Requirement
Women entrepreneurs from any craft sector are encouraged to apply.
They must be:
2.Aged between 20 – 40 years old.
3.Available to participate to the entire programme.
4.Available to participate in group discussion activities and complete assigned homework.
- Interested applicants should request application forms from Turquoise Mountain, Murad Khani, Kabul, Afghanistan or request by email at email@example.com
- Application forms should be submitted by email or hard copy to:
Mohammad Daud Hedayati
+93(0) 786 75 66 55
Murad Khani, Kabul, Afghanistan
Deadline: Thursday January 31th, 2019, 3:00 PM.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified by February 7th, 2019