The 26th United Nations Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26) takes place in Glasgow on 1 to 12 November 2021. Hosted by the UK, this international climate change summit will bring together over 30,000 delegates, including heads of states, climate experts and campaigners, to agree coordinated action to tackle climate change.
The British Council is working with partners worldwide to support the success and legacy of COP26, creating opportunities for cooperation, dialogue and action in arts, education and science that address the shared challenges of climate change. There will be an innovative and creative programme of activity and engagement which includes bringing together young Active Citizens from around the world to share learning, engage in advocacy and build networks.
We are pleased to announce that the Active Citizens Programme in Afghanistan will take part in this initiative by supporting a number of climate change-focused Social Action Projects. This opportunity is for Active Citizens programme Alumni who have completed their training and social action projects during 2018 – 2020.
The Social Action Projects will focus on the following COP26 priority areas;
- Adaptation and resilience. ‘Helping people, economies and the environment adapt and prepare for the impacts of climate change.’
- Nature. ‘Safeguarding ecosystems, protecting natural habitats and keeping carbon out of the atmosphere.’
- Applicant/s must have completed their Active Citizens programme learning journey (training + social action projects) before the application deadline
- Applicant/s must focus on climate change priority areas mentioned above through their existing/new social action project
- Project plan should fulfil all criteria mentioned in the application form
- Applicant/s must attach all required documents mentioned in application form
- Only one project plan should be submitted
- Late/incomplete applications will not be included in selection process
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application submission process:
Please submit duly filled application form to Ajmal.Raziqi@britishcouncil.org by 10 February 2021, 5pm, Afghanistan local time. Please mention in title “COP26 – Youth Engagement Challenge Fund”.